Sunday, February 13, 2011

Migraines Suck!!!

As I am sure each and every one of you know, MIGRAINES SUCK!! But they suck really bad when you keep one for 5 days. It started as just your regular ole headache so I took some Excedrin. Well it never went away and just progressively got worse. Finally on day 4 I went to the Doctor. Because I had been so irritable and miserable when I called the office I simply told them that if there was not a shot or something that they could do for me then not to waste my time because I wasn't going to come in anyway. Yeah I realize that was a bit rude but HEY my head was killing me.


So, I call my mom who was already going to come up and tell her she needs to get here a little earlier because I didn't know if they was going to give me something to knock me out. Well turns out it was pretty much just a waste of my time. They give me a shot of Toradol and some MAXALT-MLT melt away tablets. They send me on my way with a prescription for the Mazalt and Naproxen. Well 6 hours later it did get a little more tolerable but never really went away. My husband (who does not get headaches) and I decided to go out to dinner. I tried over dinner to explain to him just exactly how I had been feeling. Man that was tough.

We came home from dinner and I went to bed at a pretty decent hour, only to wake up 1 1/2 hours later with my head throbbing and sick sick sick to my stomach. I felt like crap and was up for 4 hours sicker than sick. I finally went back to bed only to wake up with my head killing me again. My husband had to work so on his way home he picked up my medicine from the pharmacy. I took 2 of the 500mg Naproxen even though it said to only take 1 and FINALLY got some relieve. I was able to go out with my family for my mom and aunts birthday dinner. I didn't think I was going to be able to at first.

The migraine stayed gone for the rest of the night and was even gone when I woke up this morning. I was SO excited I could sing. I then however went to a baby shower where there was a ton of people and different smells. If you have ever had a migraine you know that smells kill you as a matter of fact when I was at the Dr's someone put hand sanitizer on and I about got sick. Well guess what??????? You guessed it my migraine came back and again I got sick to my stomach. So my head is still pounding and I basically just have to live with it. Hopefully soon I would get some kind of relieve.

For those who may have never had a migraine I hope and pray you never do. I hadn't had one in over 6 years and was hoping I never got another.

Here is a link you can check out if you want to know more about Migraines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migraine

Hoping to be Migraine free soon,
AAJ

No comments:

Post a Comment